Tom Taylor has covered MMA, boxing, Muay Thai, Lethwei and other combat sports for nearly a decade. He also writes about the people, places and social issues he finds interesting. He has traveled to more than 30 countries in search of stories and inspiration.
Tom’s writing has been published by sources like OZY, VICE, Bleacher Report, South China Morning Post, The Japan Times, Complex, Maxim, Road & Kingdoms, Front Office Sports and BJPenn.com. His work has been shared by stars like Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, comedian Joe Rogan, and two-division UFC champions Conor McGregor and Daniel Cormier.
- ONE Championship Royalty: The Lee Family’s Newest Crown Jewel Makes Her Debut (Bleacher Report)
- Survivor: How Bi Nguyen Has Achieved Personal Triumph Through MMA (Bleacher Report)
- Jon Jones’ Plans for the UFC Heavyweight Title and Life After MMA (Bleacher Report)
- The Lobster Battle Striking at Canada’s Friendly Image (OZY)
- As a Child, She Fled Violence. Now Her Fists Could Bring Her Stardom (OZY)
- How Robert Whittaker and Darren Till Learned to Manage Mental Health Struggles (Bleacher Report)
- An Hour in a Small Room With the Two Best Welterweights on Earth (VICE)
- Angela Lee Targets Xiong Jingnan Trilogy Tie-Breaker if she Wins Tokyo Rematch (South China Morning Post)
- Brutal Business: How WLC is Selling Lethwei to the World (Front Office Sports)
- Isaac Vallie-Flagg’s Lifelong Fight (BJPenn.com)
— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) May 11, 2018
I’m in agreement with this 100%. The 12-6 elbow rule is one of the dumbest rules in combat sports. At the very least that fight should be a no contest. He was completely dominant.
— Joe Rogan (@joerogan) June 25, 2019